Monday, July 20, 2009

More Refugio

More pictures from our Refugio trip.
Saxon snuggling with Gregor and Brooke, Kasen and Saxon looking in the tide pools.

We went on a walk to the end of the cove to go find the caves.
Gregg had Saxon convinced that there would be cave bears in them.
We asked Saxon if cave bears eat little boys and he said,
"No, cave bears only eat little girls."
Watch out Brookie...


Kasen and Gregg built a HUGE sand castle. Saxon took a picture in front of it as it it were his :) Some people on the beach next to us came over to take pictures with it too. The picture on the right is Saxon, buried again, and wearing Brookie's sunglasses.


Another trip to find cave bears. Because my mom had to work, she only could come up in the evenings. So, every night, we would walk down to the caves, and then make a treat in the dutch oven. This Saxon pretending to be the cave bear.


We also hiked up to the top of this little cliff on the other side of the cove. It has a great view of the whole beach, and gave us a little exercise since we had dessert every night :)



My Bridger! Aunt Brookie snapped this cute picture.

2 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

I love these pictures even better! Saxon is so cute and I lo9ve his personality...you can really see it in the pictures! I am so glad you had fun!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

K, first of all.. Gregor looks so good in that first pic, I haven't seen him forever! Second, love your braid & glasses! I totally do that braid thing in bear lake to keep the hair out of my face. We need to get together!