Monday, November 29, 2010

Harry Potter

For Mike's 31st B-day we decided to throw him a Harry Potter Party.
We thought it would be fun to have a Harry Potter feast and then go see the movie.
I tried to keep everything as close to the book as possible.  Nate even made a sorting hat and Mike burned me all 6 Harry Potter soundtracks to play.  Jeff even brought a fog machine so it was foggy as everyone was walking in.  We had Harry Potter 1 playing for the kids in the theater room.
We even had the real Berttie Botts Every Flavor Beans.  Gregor experimented with a few before the party started.  He said that "fish" flavor tastes like you gutted a trout and then licked your fingers.  However, he thought that "ketchup" and "pepper" were worse.  Mike's friend Mike got one that made the whole room smell like garlic.  Bridger put a handful in his mouth and then spit them all out and told me "wucky".  I don't know what flavor he ended up with :)
I also made real pumpkin juice.  I borrowed Brittany's juicer and juiced a sugar pumpkin.  It only made 6 oz of juice, but it was enough to make everything smell and taste like pumpkin.
We had tons of food and treats and lots of Mike's friends came.  The kids all dressed up.  Saxon, Bridger, and Maggie had wizard robes on, and Berkley and Maddox each had a Harry Potter scar.  I wish I had a picture of all of the kids together.  They all looked so cute!
Apparently Bridger ate all of the licorice wands because when we were cleaning up, I found tons of licorice with just the chocolate bitten off all over the clubhouse.
As we were walking in to the movie, everyone kept pointing at Saxon and commenting on his Harry Potter outfit.  He, of course, LOVED the attention!  We all loved the movie too.  
So, here are some pictures from Mike's Harry Potter Party...
Happy Birthday Mike!
Thanks for humoring us and letting us pick the theme to your party:)
I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

5 comments:

Mike Brunson said...

Wow, can I just say this is AMAZING. I am so impressed with all the details and the food and the creativeness behind it all. What an AWESOME party. Truly fabulous!

Mike Brunson said...

Oh, ha ha this is Amber not Mike. I didn't realize I was signed in as him. Hee hee. He thinks it is great, too

The life of MeMe said...

FUN! What a festive party. I love Harry Potter.

Brooke Butler said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I wish I was there! :( If only I could just live there now..oh well hopefully I'll live there by the time the last one comes out then we'll have a HP FESTIVAL (((: with three times as much food because a girl like me needs a lot of chocolate frogs <3

JENNILLE said...

You're such a cute mom!!

(and so skinny :)