Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fire Station Field Trip

Saxon's class had their annual Fire Station Field Trip on Wednesday.
The notice specifically said "no toddlers and no siblings."
Well, I had one of each and didn't have anyone else who could watch them.
So I dressed Bridger up in a preschool t-shirt and passed him off as part of the class.
Luckily, Saxon's teacher is amazing and let Bridger be a part of the class for the day.

First they drew a picture of a fire truck.
Then they did a "stop, drop, and roll" obstacle course.
Then they watched a safety video and toured the fire station.
Dalton loved the fire truck. LOVED it!
He kept climbing all over it saying "Vroom!"

Saxon and the fire fighter:
Dalton and the fire fighter:
(Bridger wouldn't pose for a picture for me)
Saxon in his fire hat:
(Bridger had one too but wouldn't pose for a picture for me...again)
Baby Dalton loved the park!  It was hard to keep track of the 3 boys though because it was really crowded and they all kept running in different directions.  Luckily, I knew most of the other moms, so I felt pretty safe.  While I was rescuing Saxon from the monkey-bars, I look over and Ms. Nettie is pushing Dalton on the swings.  I went over to thank her and she told me that Dalton "summoned her."  He couldn't find me so instead he found Ms. Nettie and grabbed her by the hand and instructed her to play with him :)
When she had to go talk to some of the other parents, some of the little girls in Saxon's class took over pushing baby Dalton.  It was really cute!  Girls seem like such good helpers.  What would that be like?  Boys...not such good helpers...
Speaking of boys being boys...

On Friday when I picked Saxon up from school, I was talking to his teachers for a few minutes.  Ms. Nettie said that they took the kids out to play but she decided to come in when someone threw a worm at her and it stuck to her arm.  She had to peel it off to get rid of it.  She said "I think it was Saxon."  Saxon's eyes light up and he started grinning "Yep!  It was me!  I wanted to make her scream and the worm stuck to her!"
Great.  Once again...soooo thankful that he has amazing teachers who think he's cute!

1 comment:

Brooke Thomas said...

Dalton looks so grown up!!! holy cow! Your boys sure are cute. and that story at the end about the worm had be crackin up Saxy is so stinkin funny. miss you guys!