Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Gingerbread Man

My little Dalton has really been a stinker lately.
He is hilarious and smart and funny and charming...and naughty!

Example #1:
We were in a hurry getting to preschool yesterday.
I unbuckled Dalton from his carseat and set him next to the car while I got Bridger's backpack on.  He slowly started scooting farther and farther from me.  Finally when we started toward him, he took off running.
 Me:  "STOP Dalton!  There are lots of cars!"
Dalton:  "NO!  NEVER!"
Me:  "You get back here!" 
Dalton:  "Run!  Run!  Fast as can!  A no catch me!  A ginger-man!"

He learned the gingerbread man song from Saxon and decided to use it.
Example #2:
 I put Dalton down for a nap but I heard him talking and playing for a while.
I decided not to check on him because I was hoping he would fall asleep.
After about an hour, he was still talking, but not crying.
But I thought I heard the word "poop", so I went in.
(We've had a few incidents lately where he wakes up from his nap, takes off his pull-up, says "poop" once as a warning, and then poops in his crib.)

I walked in to find Dalton standing on the changing table, having obviously climbed out of his crib.  The discarded pull-up was laying on the ground.  He has knocked over the diffuser, and used the entire pack of wipes to clean it up.  A whole pack of wipes was crumbled up all over the changing table and floor.  Then he got out the thermometer and pulled out each and every one of those plastic pieces that cover the end of the thermometer and threw them all over.  

But he was in fact whispering "poop" and we made it just in time.
 Example #3:
Then yesterday, he peed his pants twice.
Twice!
The boy is potty-trained!  
I don't know what happened.
I said "Dalton!"
He said "Oh man!"
My cute-as-pie baby also goes with me every Friday to "Field-Trip-Fridays".
We get together with a group of group of girls from our ward and do fun things and go fun places.  It's great!  Last Friday was Bridal Veil Falls which now has tons of fish.
Dalton loved feeding the fish and playing with his friends.
Can't get enough of this boy!
He's crazy :)

No comments: