Tuesday, April 2, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

 I'm a little behind on getting everything posted, but this is what we did on St. Patrick's Day:

First, the leprechauns brought Lucky Charms and they turned the milk green.
After breakfast, the boys put on their lucky socks...
 

 and their green shirts so they wouldn't get pinched :)


Of course no one would cooperate for a picture!
And we were almost late to church because I kept trying...
Dalton only knows how to do his cheesy smile :)
 
For dinner we made corned beef and cabbage and potatoes.
That's what my mom always made growing up and I have made it every St. Patrick's Day since I've been married.  My kids love it too because it's the only day of the year that I cook red meat and they love it!  I just like the veggies :)

For dessert we made mint brownies.  Yum.
It was kind of a low-key day since it was a Sunday, but it was really fun.


No comments: