Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fishing at the dam

One of the kids (and Jeff's) favorite things to do at Lake Holiday is go fishing at the dam. This was Saxon's first time fishing, so my dad helped him out.

Saxon kept reeling his line in, so he never caught anything.

He loved wading out into the water like the big boys.



Nathan and Kasen decided to give it a try too.

Jeff caught a couple of carp, and a couple of catfish and that was fun for the kids to see.
Jeff told me that as kids, they always had a specific pair of old shoes that they would wear to go fishing at the dam...(dam shoes). You don't want to wear good ones. He said that adults were always horrified when these little kids were saying things like, "I need to get my dam shoes on." I'm sure it won't take Saxon long to be saying that. He already learned the phrase "Holy Crap!" on this trip (thank you Kasen) and used it at all the right moments.

2 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

DAM shoes will be great to go along with his "sit beau" story :) I am on countdown!!! see u soon!

lori and clark remington said...

I love Saxon's little pink fishing pole...Cailey would want that right now! It looks like you had a great time!