Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ventura Harbor

On Saturday, we decided to spend the day with my dad.
My mom drove me and the kids out to Camarillo to the outlets to shop for a while, and then to my dad's house. The new Camarillo outlets are REALLY fun, but not actually cheaper than the actual store.
When we got to my Dad's house, he had
Whodidily Cupcakes
waiting for us.
They were so good! Then were the by far the best cupcakes I have ever had. I sampled all of them and then saved the rest for Brookie to try. We decided that "Waffle" flavor is the best!


After cupcakes, we all (my dad, us, and Gregor) went down to the Ventura Harbor to let Saxon ride the Merry-Go-Round. It was the oldest ride I have ever been on. There was a 180 lbs. weight limit for the adult who went the kids, and it went really fast! I was dizzy by the end.
While we were down there, it happened to be the pirate festival? There were actors dressed as pirates, and every crazy person around came dressed as a pirate.
We took the boys picture in the pirate faces. Look at Bubby's face on the left. It's so funny!


Of course we had to get Saxon as a mermaid too :)

My dad took us to a really good seafood restaurant on the beach where I ordered "local swordfish." My dad was teasing the waiter about what is considered "local." Apparantly Baja is still local :)

After all the fun, we went back to my Dad's house to let Saxon play with Tucker (the dog) for a while, and then we went home. Gregor was a good sport, but said he was so embarassed at the mess my kids made in the restaurant. I don't usually think about it (because it is unavoidable) but I also don't usually take them to really nice seafood restaurants. I should have been embarassed. They made a HUGE mess.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the pictures especially the mermaid and pirate pictures! We never take our boys anywhere fancy either. And to answer your question yes we are planning on coming in August. Can't wait to see you guys and finally meet Bridger!!

lori and clark remington said...

I have never heard of those cupcakes...where did he get them, it may save me from driving to Beverly hills for sprinkles cupcakes...especially if they have a mocha flavor!!! YUM! I didn't know ventura harbor was a fun place to go! I'm glad California has been fun!