Sunday, July 19, 2009

Refugio Beach

For those of you who think we dropped off the face of the Earth...
this is what we have been up to:
After we got back from Chicago, I drove Brooke, Kasen, Saxon and Bridger out to California,
where we spent most of the week camping at Refugio Beach.
My mom found out she had to work, so we were on our own :)

Kasen dug a massive hole that Gregor tried to do a flip into. So if Gregor was going to do it, so was Saxon. The picture on the left is Saxon, Kasen, and Gregor doing their football stand before jumping in the hole. The picture on the right is the triple jump.


Bridger flying...

Brooke and Saxon, and Me and Bridger.


Saxon discovered that his favorite thing to do was to be buried in the sand.
He would beg for Kasen or Gregor to "Make Saxy a mermaid!"
As you can see...Saxon the mermaid.

Here is Saxon helping Bridger out of the sand.



Here I am with my babies. Saxon is sunbathing behind me.

Here's my chubba. He was SO completely covered in sand, even his eyelashes. He still has sand in his ears.


Here's the fort that Kasen built.

Saxon loved to play in the waves. Actually, so did Bridger. I was hoping that they would be a little bit afraid, but Saxon jumped right in. I was chasing them the whole trip. Even when he would get knocked down, he would get back up and run out to the waves. Gregor taught him to dive under the waves as they crash over you. Grandpa Gregg took him swimming far out and he loved it! Refugio is in a little cove and there are a few kelp beds to go snorkling in (which Saxon kept begging to do). Gregor went snorkling and a few times and had some dolphins and seals come up close. It was so fun! My mom's bike has the baby seat on it so we went for lots of morning bike rides. Gregor taught Saxon how to hold his elbow up while he plays baseball and Bridger learned to take up to 6 steps! He's going to be walking soon...


Now we are relaxing at my mom's house preparing for our Shaver Lake trip.
More pictures to come...

2 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

It looks like fun..I wish I was there with you guys> I can't wait for Shaver though..It is truly one of my favorite places on earth. I can't wait to get to know you boys more!See you in a few days!

Heather Strong said...

Oh that looks like fun. Glad you are back to blogging =). In the last picture, I couldn't tell if that was your dad or Gregor! I had to make it large! Crazy!