Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost Spring...

The weather has been warming up lately, making us anxious for spring.
I love spring-time!
I love the flowers, the strawberries, playing outside again, nighttime walks, going to the park, etc.
We can't wait!
Well, just as we are thinking that it's almost springtime, we get more snow...

We took the boys out because we aren't sure how many more big snow storms we'll get this season. We got all this snow, but most of it was gone by the end of the day. Bridger didn't last very long. He's not a snow baby.
Saxon is though. He made a giant "frosty," snow angels, and went sledding.


Yesterday we went to Andi's house for Cohen's birthday.
I told her I would make the cake because I love baking.
I copied an idea I saw on the internet and this is how it turned out:

Jeff came over and did the animal show for the kids.
It was SO GOOD!!!!!
The kids and the adults were REALLY into it.
I've seen most of his animals before and I still learned a bunch of new stuff.
He taught the kids how to identify a poisonous snake, why they shed their skin, and how to feed the turtle and the lizards.
He's so good with kids too. One of the babies that was there reached in and tried to grab a handful of his Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. Jeff just laughed and so no one got scared.
Jeff asked if any of the kids would volunteer to eat a mealworm.
Guess who volunteered?
That's right...Saxon.
He'll do anything. Jeff was all for it but Megan and I both said no. Gross.
His animal show really was amazing and we only gave him 1 day notice to plan.
I can't wait to have him come for my kid's birthdays :)

4 comments:

grammie cathy said...

i love your cake and i had to keep starring at it to see if it was jeff's snake...good job and i loved the snowman that saxon made..

Heather Strong said...

What a great cake!! I had no idea that Jeff had so many animals, although I am not surprised!

Gregor said...

Cool hat Saxon has there

Brittany and Johnse said...

SHUT UP! That is a cake??? I honestly thought it was a REAL snake! You did an AMAZING job! you should start a cake business ;) And of course I love my Saxy with his snowman!

p.s. - ONE WEEK ;)