Monday, February 21, 2011

Creativity

Whenever anyone in the family shows a lot of creativity, we joke that they too must have inherited Grandma Beth's talent.  My Grandma Beth is an artist, but she is also an amazing chef, she can sew, she can build, she can heal, she can basically do or create anything.  My cousins are all really creative too in different ways: photography, fashion, hair/makeup, sculpting, sewing, etc.  I've recently started painting and am trying to learn to quilt.  

Saxon, has always had a little creative side as well.  He likes to cook with me, paint, draw, and just create things.  He has an AMAZING imagination (which I love).  
Here's some recent examples of him using his creativity:

FASHION:
The other night, Mike took us to Olive Garden for dinner.
When we got home, Saxon got out scissors and started chopping up the leftovers bag.
I thought "Great, now I'm going to have a huge mess to clean up."
When he finally announced that he was finished, I was really surprised, and laughed all night long...
He made himself into a robot:



MODELING:
Saxon loves to pose and say "take my picture!"
I love these ones from this afternoon...
(You should see when him and Aunt Brookie get together...they take millions of pictures of each other and of themselves :)
PHOTOGRAPHY:
This little guy LOVES the camera.  I had to delete a million of the more abstract ones, but here are a few that I kept...





Ha ha, I think he's so funny!  I can't wait to see where his creativity takes him...

1 comment:

Brooke Butler said...

Oh my goodness, TOO CUTE. I love the robot(: He's such a mini me when it comes to pictures I love it! Maybe someday he'll sing haha