Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tulip Festival 2011

Friday was the first day of the tulip festival and it was a beautiful day out!
So, me and the kids headed over to enjoy the Spring weather before another storm comes.
Aren't these gorgeous!
I didn't know daffodils could look like this:
The boys wanted to check out the fish pond.
Bridger tried to feed the fish his shoe.
Luckily we caught him before he actually let go of it.
Baby cakes was pretty captivated by the fish too :)
We always spend a long time in the secret garden letting the kids splash in the water.
Can you tell what this picture is?
It's a momma goose who made her nest on top of the secret garden.
The boys thought that was so cool!
We also spent some time at the Spanish Steps and from the top, we could see the guy playing the bagpipes.
After all of that walking, the kids felt like they deserved a treat.
Saxon picked a popsicle and Bubs wanted a frozen lemonade.

It was such a beautiful day!
The perfect day to lay in the sun and close your eyes and wish the weather would stay this beautiful for a little bit longer.
The perfect day for staying outside all day.
The perfect day for admiring the flowers.

So, I closed my eyes for a minute to enjoy the moment...

and my boys went tearing off toward the waterfall giggling all the way.
They know an opportunity when they see one.

So, I stood at the top of the hill with the stroller shouting that they better come back "right now!"  Of course it didn't convince my boys to come back, but I did get lots of "Wow you have your hands full" comments from everyone who passed by us.
When I finally caught my boys, we packed up and headed up.
They fell asleep in the car and woke up with pink cheeks from being outside all day.
It really was a beautiful day!

No comments: