Friday, April 1, 2011

This is Bridger

This is Bridger.
He is HILARIOUS, happy, and unfortunately, totally accident prone.
The poor guy inherited his coordination from his Dad.

Nate is big, and strong, and somewhat athletic, but can't walk by me without crashing into me, stepping on my feet, or knocking me over.

Bridger is big, strong, athletic, and always crashing into something.

Notice the huge egg on his head.
That's where he tripped and fell head first into the arm of the couch.
The matching bruise on the other side is where he slipped in the bath and hit his head.
He has a cut on his foot where the screwdriver slipped out of his hand.
(Don't ask why my 2 year old had a screwdriver).
I can't keep track of where the bruised up and down his legs come from.

However, this kid is TOUGH!
 He rarely cries, and if he does, he's over it once it gets kissed better.
His eardrum has burst 5 times in the last 6 months and never once has he told me that his ears hurt.  I have to bring him to the doctor every time he gets a fever because he will never tell me that anything hurts or anything is wrong.
Today Brittany stopped by for a minute.
Bridger was in the garage when she walked it.  
When he saw her, he threw his hands up and said
"I'm not doing anything!"

He is always sneaking my diet coke.  When I call him on it, he says, 
"I'm just havin' one drink."  
He will keep taking one drink at a time until he has guzzled my whole soda.

He calls himself "Bubby."  
Sometimes "Cubby" if we are playing Jake and the Neverland Pirates
But rarely does he call himself "Bridger."  

He is dying to go to preschool.  He always walks right into Saxon's classroom and hopes that I'll let him stay.  One day he was doing his pouty face and had his arms crossed and Ms. Nettie told him that he could have a treat from the treasure box to make him feel better.  Now, every time we see Ms. Nettie, Bridger pretends to pout so that she'll offer him a treat.

Sometimes we dress as superheros for the whole day.

Sometimes he'll use a "potty word" (like poop-head) and I'll call him on it.  
He'll cover his mouth with his hands and say "I didn't say it, Batman did!" 
Then Batman goes to timeout.

He loves to spin in circles and call it "gettin' busy!"

I could go on and on.
I just love this kid!

No comments: