Sunday, October 14, 2012

Autumn Boat Ride

Mike was nice enough to take us out on the boat one last time, on the last day of September.  The weather was beautiful, but the water was freezing!

The kids didn't seem to mind that much though.
Saxon hopped right in to go knee-boarding.
 He LOVES knee-boarding!
He's getting really good too.
Mike's given him a lot of practice this year.
Each time he has taken us out in the boat, he lets the kids go as many times as they want to.  Saxon usually has a turn in between everyone else.
Saxon - Nate - Saxon again - Bridger - Saxon again - Dalton - Saxon again - me...etc.
 Dalton loves every minute of being in the boat!
He sits on his little spot saying
"Me, my turn!"
the whole time.
 So, Nate was brave enough to get back into the cold water to take Dalton knee-boarding.
Dalton couldn't stop grinning the whole time.
Here's the proof:




 This baby was born to be in the water!

Bridger, was a little nervous about the cold water (so was I) but he braved it and got on the knee board anyway.  On his first turn, the knee-board submarined and he went under.  After dunking in the freezing water, he decided that he had had enough knee-boarding for this season.  Maybe next year... :)
 I was the biggest wimp of the group.
I sat on the edge of the boat with the ski on trying to think of a good excuse to chicken out and not have to get in the cold water.  After about ten minutes of counting silently to myself (1...2...3...GO!) but not actually going, I finally just had to hold my breath and get in.  It was every bit as bad as I imagined it would be.  It was soooo cold!  Luckily, once I got up on the ski it wasn't quite as bad.  I skiied for a long time because I did not want to fall and get back into the water.  Finally my arms were getting tired and I either had to let go or wait til I crashed so I let go and then swam as fast as I could for the boat.  I'm glad I did it though because it's going to be a long time before I have the chance to ski again.
And Saxon showing off his "moves" on the knee-board!
Love it!

No comments: