Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thing 1 & Thing 2

"'I will pick up the hook.
You will see something new.
Two things. And I call them
Thing One and Thing Two.
These Things will not bite you.
They want to have fun.'
Then out of the box
Came Thing Two and Thing One!"

"Then those Things ran about
With big bumps, jumps and kicks
And with hops and big thumps
And all kinds of bad tricks."
-Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat

Thing One and Thing Two were up to all kinds of mischief tonight:
-throwing food
-throwing drinks
-jumping on the oven door, the dishwasher door, and the dryer door
-pulling every book and picture off the bookshelf
-pulling pages out of scrapbooks
-trying to make their own snow cones with the snow cone maker Mike bought Saxon this summer
-spilling snow cone syrup all over the table
-getting out every toy we own
-throwing wash cloths in the bath all over until they stuck to the ceiling (all 4 of them)
-flooding the bathroom
-eating saltines on the carpet...they make a huge mess
-Saxon tells me "I'll eat you up!" like Max from "Where the Wild Things Are"
-Bridger is my little pin-ball machine. I move him away from one thing and he bounces off to another. He never runs out of ideas or mischief.
-Being their usual crazy, messy, funny selves.

Then, when it was bedtime, they snuggled on my lap, read a story, sang a song, said a prayer, and went to bed. It was wonderful. I love my little Thing One and Thing Two. I think I would be bored if I had a children who weren't quite so crazy busy and creative. :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ha, Ha Your boys sound like my boys! It is amazing that such small things can cause so much destruction and make us SO tired.