Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"You're so smart honey!"

Yesterday, when we were running errands, one of the songs from Twilight came on the radio.

Saxon: "Hey Mom. This a Twilight song."
Me: "Yeah, you're right."
Saxon: "No. Mom. This a Twilight song."
Me: "I know. You're right."
Saxon: "No. Mom. You need a say, 'you're so smart honey.' Like that... Mom. This a Twilight Song."
Me: "You're so smart honey!"
Saxon: "Yeah, like that." (laugh)

Then we all start laughing and Saxon gets embarrassed and tells us "Don't be funny!", meaning, "don't laugh at me." He's so funny! I love all the little things that he comes up with. Sometimes when Bridger first wakes up, Saxon will rub his back and says, "hi honey." Or when he tells us that he's pretty sure our house has been invaded by bad sheep, but not to worry because he knows Kung Fu. Or how he asks to watch HGTV so that he can snuggle in my bed. I love how every time I cook, I hear two chairs come zooming around the corner. Each boy has to bring his own chair to come join the action in the kitchen. I love the sweet things they do too. Like when Saxon prayed for Heavenly Father to make his friend better because she broke her arm. Or how Bridger will randomly come up and give me a big, wet, kiss, and then use his baby sign language to ask for candy :) I love these little guys!

5 comments:

Angela said...

How funny! My boys love to bring in chairs to help me cook too...Cal hasn't figured out to bring in his own yet he just tries to push Carson off of his!

Brittany and Johnse said...

i've said it once i will say it again..Saxon is TOO smart for his own good :) i miss that little guy!

Jaclyn said...

So cute!

Brooke Butler said...

aww that is the funnies thing! me and mom were both cracking up when we read this. oh how i miss you guys!

The life of MeMe said...

Thanks Cait. It's been one of those stretches of times where kids seem to make you feel like you are losing your mind... this brought things back into perspective for me.

Appreciate the little things. The moments that when you take a moment to recognize them, they melt your heart and brighten your day.