Wednesday, January 11, 2012

CA trip - part 1

Last weekend, we decided to take a quick trip to CA to see Brookie while she was still in town from BYUH.  My mom told me a few months ago, that for Christmas this year, she wanted to take us to Disneyland.  We didn't know for sure if we could make it because of Nate's work schedule.  At the last minute, he got permission, and we headed home to CA.

We managed to cram so many fun things into such a short time, that I'm going to have to break up our trip into several posts.

Part 1 - California Adventure
I had never been to California Adventure before.  I didn't really plan on ever going either,  because I thought my kids would be too little.  But, since my mom got the park hopper passes, we went there first.

Right away, we grabbed some fast passes to "Soaring over California" because Brooke said it was one of the best rides.  Then we split up.  Brooke and Kasen went to :Tower of Terror", and we went to "A Bug's Life."

The kids were beside themselves they were so excited!!!
They wore their new Hawaii shirts from Aunt Brookie so they could all match.
We went on every ride in A Bug's World.

This caterpillar ride takes you through a huge watermelon that drips watermelon juice and even smells like watermelon.  The boys thought it was so funny that they got dripped on.  And, they got to ride in the front!

Even baby Dalton got to go on all of the rides.
That's one thing I love about Disneyland, the whole family can go on just about every ride!
After a Bug's World, we met back up with Brooke and Kasen.  We took Saxon on Soaring over CA and left Bridger and Dalton with my mom.  We didn't think Bridger was tall enough, but it turns out he was.  I'm sad we didn't bring him because he would have loved it.  I LOVED it!  You are sitting in a seat that lifts up over a huge screen.  When they turn it on, you feel like you are hang gliding over CA.  They even change the wind and the temperature depending on where in CA you are seeing.  Soaring over the ocean was windy, soaring over the mountains was cold, and soaring over the orange groves smelled like oranges.  It was really cool!

We also went on the Little Mermaid ride.  Saxon and Bridger complained because it was a girl ride, and then they pretended not to like it because they were "scared".  Scared of the little mermaid?  I think they were just being stubborn to prove that they didn't want to go on it.
Next we decided to walk over to the Ferris Wheel.  My kids were dying to go on it.
On the way, we ran into the Phineas and Ferb show and so we stayed to dance.  My kids know all of the songs and dances.  I tried to get Saxon to go out and dance with them because he knows how, but he wouldn't do it.


Standing on the bridge in front of the Mickey Ferris Wheel:
(the girls)
(the little boys)
Inside a Toy Story toy box:


We waited in line FOREVER for the ferris wheel.  They have to stop and load each carriage individually.  It takes forever!  Once everyone is loaded, you get one turn around the wheel.  Then you are done.  I didn't think it was enough for how long we waited, but my kids LOVED it!  The carriage swings back and forth while you go around and they giggled the whole time.  Even Dalton loved it.  If you ask Bridger about his favorite part of Disneyland, he says the Micky Ferris Wheel.

At least it was a chance to sit down for a while, and a pretty view!
We stayed at California Adventure until about noon.  Then we ate lunch (be packed subway) and headed over to Disneyland...

1 comment:

Meg said...

That's so fun that you got to go to Disneyland! I bet the boys had a blast! Soaring Over California is my very favorite ride at California Adventure! It's so cool!