Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SNOW!

It finally snowed!!!  Usually I dread the first snow...but usually it comes way sooner.  I was starting to feel bad for my boys because they have been begging to go sledding, but we haven't had any snow.  It finally snowed on Monday night, and Tuesday was a beautiful day.  We had snow, and the sun was really warm so it was still fun to play outside.  In fact, most of the snow melted by the afternoon.  My kids had a blast though!

Saxon ran right out to make snow angels:
Dalton was cheesing it up for me, and Bubby was kind of grumpy.
He's not a morning person, and any kind of rushing in the morning leads to a grumpy Bubs.

My little cheesecake:
He's soooo cute!

It was the perfect kind of snow too.  It was soft and sticky.  We made a snowman, threw snowballs with Nate's new snowball launcher, and I pulled them in the sled.

I tried to take pictures of them with me because they looked so cute in their snow gear.
Dalton and Saxon cooperated...

Bubby didn't:
Saxon and Bridger with the little snowman they built.  Bridger even put his scarf on it.  It was getting so warm that they boys started stripping of layers.  By the time we were done, the grass was covered with gloves and scarfs and hats :)
Bridger finally decided to make a snow angel, and this little dog kept trying to lick him while he did.  Then the little dog followed us home and tried to come right into our house.  I finally got it out and pushed the button to shut the garage, and the little dog ran right back in and triggered the garage to re-open.  This happened a few times before we finally convinced the little dog that it did not live here.  Much to the dismay of the boys who were begging to keep it :)
It was a fun first snow day!

No comments: