Thursday, January 31, 2013

Busy month...again!

How does time always seem to get away from me!
We have been so incredibly busy that I never get around to writing it down.
I really want to be better about it so I can document all of the things that we are always doing.

First, I volunteer in Saxon's class once again while my friend watches the other kids.
Then, she volunteers once a week while I watch her kids.
It's been so much fun to go to school with Saxon every week.
I also signed up to help with most of Saxon's and Bridger's class parties.

I actually didn't sign up to help with the Polar Express party because I was afraid it would be at the same time as Bridger's Christmas program, but they needed extra help, and Bridger Christmas program was the week before.

Every time I volunteer at one of Saxon's parties, I call Bridger's teacher, Ms. Nettie for an idea.  She gave me the idea for home-made puffy paint for and it was a huge hit!  For the Christmas party, we made sugar cone Christmas trees.  All of the kids wore their jammies and Bridger and Dalton got to come too.

Here's Saxon: 

Also, right before we went to CA, Saxon lost  his first tooth!
It was a big day.
We celebrated a lot and then the Tooth Fairy brought him a gold dollar!
Then while we were in CA, he discovered that his two front teeth are loose too!

Last week Dalton and I went on a date to the Lehi pool.
We swam all morning and then got a donut.
It was awesome.
So fun to spend one-on-one time with my little man.
My boys are such troopers.
Every Wednesday, I have YW, but Nate works every other Wednesday night.
So, every other week, they come with me to the Beehive Activity.
Last week was a combined activity and it was the Amazing Race.
They came with me and all the youth from place to place helping solve clues.
We ended up at the temple (where it was bitterly cold) and the Bishop gave a message.
I stayed in the car with Dalton because he had fallen asleep, but Saxon and Bridger went with all the youth to go listen to the Bishop talk about "Standing in Holy Places."
Everyone in our ward knows the boys.
My boys probably know more people than I do because they are so outgoing and do the funniest things!

Also, big news, Bridger decided to show us what he can do in preschool and instead of saying "I can't..." about everything, he just does it.  He writes his name and his letters and everything.  His teacher told me that he is so smart, but he refused to be forced to do anything.  He has to decide that he wants to.  So, he has finally decided and I'm really proud of him.

And my little Dalton is such a smart guy.  He copies everything that the boys do.  Too much.  I heard him tell Bridger "I'm going to punch you in the face!" because he heard Bridger say that once.  Great.  He also talks to me about everything.  It's so funny!  My other boys liked to talk but Dalton is a serious little chatter-box.  He's super-opinionated too!  Sometimes I have to remind him that he's only two and can't do everything, but he doesn't think that's a good excuse.  He's started getting really upset when the boys go anywhere without him.  Whenever the boys go to a friends house, or to a birthday party, Dalton cries the whole time they are gone "Me go too!" because he hates being left out.

And Saxon's big news is that he can read.  Yay!  So proud of him.  He did his reading assessment at school and tested above benchmark level.  He's doing really well in school and he loves it.  Mostly he loves all of his friends, but luckily he learns while he's there too.

No comments: