Thursday, January 10, 2013

Grammie's Wedding

December 28th was Grammie's wedding.
It was beautiful.
The kids looked darling!
But it was a lot of work all by myself (Nate was only in town for Christmas Day).
They had a really hard time trying to stay out of everything until it started.
Grammie had candy jars set out and it was just way too tempting...
Then, Uncle Ron has an amazing pool and Bridger kept sneaking out to "just touch it."
Bridger wanted to pee in the grass.
Dalton almost knocked over a table trying to reach the candy.
Saxon was standing guard over the lemonade making sure no one touched it until the wedding started.
And we even managed to light a napkin on fire before the night was over...




Grammie asked the boys to be ring bearers and they said no.
Saxon finally agreed to it with a little bribing from Aunt BB, and then the other boys decided that they wanted to do it too.
So the boys walked out with their ring pillow and Alice followed with her flower basket.
Alice was the best flower girl I've ever seen!
She flung out one flower petal at a time as far as she could.
As soon as the petal hit the ground, Bridger and Dalton would go racing over to it to stomp on it.  It was awesome!  I laughed until I cried...
I wish I had video taped it.

Then, while Grammie and Bob exchanged vows, Saxon stood there with his pillow as still as can be.  He kept trying to tell me something but I couldn't understand him.  I asked him after and he said he was telling me to take some pictures LOL.  He wanted his big moment documented.
As soon as the ceremony was over Saxon took over the camera because he wanted to make sure to get some pictures of Grammie looking like a princess.

My mom had a dance floor set up in the middle of the tent and as soon as dinner was over, it was time for dancing.  Dalton, it turns out, is a dancing machine!  Who knew?  He danced his little heart out all night long.  It was awesome.
Some of Saxon's photography:

Aunt BB with Dalton and Baby Gabby.  Dalton couldn't stay away from Baby Gabby.  He was hugging and kissing her all night long!
Grammie and Bob with Baby Penny.
She looked like a cupcake.
Her dress matched the wedding cake :)
She might be the cutest baby I've ever seen.
Love her!
The boys begged the DJ to turn on "Thriller."  When he did, Saxon got too nervous to dance, but BRIDGER (my shy one) danced to the whole song and even did the moon walk.  It was awesome!  I was so so so impressed with him!  Once again...wishing I had a way to video tape it.
It was such a fun party!  Grammie looked gorgeous and Bob looked really great too.  The whole thing was beautiful and by the time we left, the kids were wiped out!  (So was I).  They partied hard all night long :)

No comments: