Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we got up and drove straight to my Dad's house.
They took us to the airport cafe for breakfast.
It was so amazing!
We sat outside on the terrace, under the heaters, and watched all of the small planes taking off and landing.  When they told us that we were going to the Airport Cafe I thought it was going to be a cute place decorated like airplanes.  I didn't realize that we were actually eating at the airport.  I was so much fun and my kids loved it!  



Then we went to Thousand Oaks to go ice skating.
They have an ice rink set up outside.  It was probably 60 degrees out and sunny, and we were ice skating :)  My boys had never been before and it was quite an adventure :)
Holding on to slippery little boys while they flailed their feet around on the ice was tricky.  I almost fell a few times.

Saxon started off with Uncle Gregor and Aunt Joy but pretty soon wanted to be left alone because he was getting the hang of it.



Bridger never quite got the hang of it and ended up getting too tired.

Gregor had to give Nathan a hard time because he wanted to wear shorts :)
But he teased him into wearing pants.
The kids love Uncle Nathan because he plays with them.
After a while Gregor and Joy took Bridger and Dalton to the park nearby and the rest of us skated until our hour was up.
After skating we went back to my Dad's house to open presents.
We had to leave that evening to go pick Nate up from the airport and then go back to Westlake to my Grandma Beth's house.  We had a wonderful dinner at Grandma's and the kids got to play with Aunt BB.  They've missed her lately.  Then, back to Grammie's to go to bed and wait for Santa to come...

No comments: