Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve, we spent the day in Camarillo again.
Gregor needed a ride to his friend's house (he and Joy stayed there for New Years) and we were hoping as long as we were going out that way, that we could spend the day with my Dad.  The kids begged the whole trip to spend more time at Pop's house.  Nathan has a Wii and he would play with them, so they couldn't get enough of it.

Once we got there, the boys got set up with the video games and my Dad and Gregor went out to bring back lunch.  After lunch, me and Deanna and Gregor and Joy went to walk around the outlets and left my Dad and Nathan with the kids because none of them wanted to go shopping.

When we got back, this is what we found: 
Pops and Dalton napping together.  So cute!  My Dad said that the big boys "offended" Dalton somehow and he went in the other room to cry.  He started crying for "Mommy" and my Dad said "I knew we didn't want to go down that path..."  LOL.  So he picked him up and started telling him stories.  He snuggled him in the chair and after Goldilocks and the three bears, Little Red Riding Hood, and the Three Pigs, Dalton was out, and so was Pops.
After spending the day with Pops, we dropped off Gregor and Joy in Simi Valley and headed home to get Uncle Kasen.  My mom left a package of poppers for the kids for New Year's Eve.  So, Kasen and I went the the drive-through at Panda to get food, and then went home to celebrate.
We had treats and martinellis and poppers, and then Uncle Kasen turned on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original one) and the kids LOVED it!  After the movie, we said Happy New Year and Kasen and I tried to go to bed.  The kids stayed up partying in Grammie's loft until 1 a.m.  They were too wound up to sleep!
I don't know what we would have done without Uncle Kasen this trip.
We love him!
Happy New Year!

No comments: