Wednesday, September 2, 2009

End of Summer

Day 4 without Nate:

Dear Nate,

Today we went to the pool with Andi and the kids because we are sad that summer is ending. We want to go to the pool as many times as possible before it closes. Saxon won't know what to do without being able to swim. I did sign him up for itty bitty ball though, so that should be fun.

After swimming (and napping) we went out to the garden. Saxon picked a ton of tomatoes and Bridger took a bite out of each one and then spit it out. He LOVED the carrot that I let him chomp on though. Our plants are slowing down. They must know that summer is ending. We came home and made a veggie pasta sauce from scratch. Gregor came over because I wasn't sure you'd get home in time and I had way too much food for just me and the kids. Between the tomatoes, onions, and hot peppers, I think I'm going to attempt salsa next...

After dinner, you came home, and we were so glad! We missed you so much!!! Saxon's first request: "Dad, I need your IPOD." Bridger wanted you to read to him (of course). We love you! Thanks for working hard for us.

Love, Caitlin

2 comments:

janalee said...

Yummy! Our garden was less than spectacular this year :( but I'm hoping for better results next year.
I love reading about Saxon and Bridger's adventures!

Brittany and Johnse said...

fun garden stuff!!
Cait, where has nate been going and what for? i'm confused!