Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a fun Labor Day Weekend!
This is what we were up to:

On Saturday morning (Nate was working), I woke up feeling like I should go to the temple. Not should go, had to go to the temple. I called my friend Andi right when I woke up to see if she would want to go to. She did, and we set up to meet at 11:00 a.m. The only problem left: I didn't have a babysitter. I tried everything! Gregor was is Salt Lake, Mike was in Chicago, Joy was watching her sister's kids in Bountiful, Megan had school, James was working, and Jeff (I assumed) was sleeping. I even broke the cardinal rule of never calling Jeff before 1:00 p.m. on a Saturday. I was getting desperate. I kept feeling like it would work out in the end, so I cried, and ironed my dress, and put my church clothes on, and hoped for the best. At 10:45 Jeff called to say that he got my message and would come head over right then. THANK YOU! Andi showed up just after 11:00 and we were able to go to the temple. When I came home, Bridger was napping and Saxon was so excited to tell me about his day. While I was gone, Megan had come over too and they took them to McDonalds (a toddler's heaven on earth). Today on Megan's blog, she posted these pictures of the kids from their trip to McDonalds:
Thank you so much Jeff and Megan! You guys are the best!!!

I love the picture of Bridger wishing he was tall enough!


On Sunday, we had dinner down the Canyon with Brian and Karen. We hadn't seen them in a while so it was a lot of fun! Saxon loves going down the Canyon and asks all the time to "go campin'." Karen brought s'mores, so my kids were in heaven!

On Monday we went shopping with Holly and Bryn (who Saxon has started calling "B".) We bought paint to finish the makeover on my house. I can't wait to start! At bedtime Saxon said that he wanted to say the prayer. He did it all by himself and thanked Heavenly Father for "mom and dad and bubba-chubba and Bryn and Vienna." It was so funny!

3 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

Really cute pictures!

Handi Andi said...

I have been so glad we went ever since and can't wait to go again. So glad you thought of me.

grammie cathy said...

cait i am so glad you listened to the spirit and that things worked out good and the kids had a great time at mcdonalds. its great to have awesome cousins....