Monday, September 14, 2009

The truck...

Andi and I decided that we should have a little party for the kids before the pool closed this year. Andi brought El Pollo Loco, Holly brought a pizza for the kids, and I brought cupcakes. We let the kids watch a movie in the clubhouse and then go swimming.
(Andi has the pictures from it...)

Afterward, Caden was begging to come play at our house.
I think he envisioned our house being a lot more fun than it really is.
He walked upstairs and tells me:
"Is this all the toys you have because none of these are very cool."
And later:
"I wish we could go to Chuck-E-Cheese because at least that would be fun."
I laughed and texted Andi.
When Nate got home, we decided to do something really cool...finally.
We got out the truck:
Caden negotiated with Saxon to let him drive on the condition that he would share his new "I-phone" and let Saxon watch movies.
DEAL!
So, Caden zoomed around our neighborhood on high speed until Holly came to get him.
I realized watching him, that he drives EXACTLY like Andi.
I laughed so hard watching.
He cried when he left because he had so much fun :)
I guess our house is cool after all.

2 comments:

Heather Strong said...

That is really funny!

lori and clark remington said...

That is so funny...I think I would of told Caden to go home if my house wasn't cool enough...I think I have gotten mean as I've gotten older. Poor Cailey. We don' have very many play dates for her. I'm kind of over it!