Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our Beautiful World

"Whenever I hear the song of bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,

Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,

I'm glad that I live in this BEAUTIFUL WORLD
Heavenly Father created for me."

"He gave me my eyes that I might see
the color of butterfly wings,

He gave me my ears that I might hear
the magical sound of things,

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently,

For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me."
My Heavenly Father Loves Me, Children's Songbook pg. 228

On Saturday we decided to take the kids down American Fork Canyon to see the leaves changing color. Saxon LOVED the "yellow trees" and Bridger loved that we kept getting out of the car so he could run.

Since our pass was good for a few more days, we went back on Monday to do Family Home Evening and have a BBQ and S'mores. We got the coolest campsite EVER. It was hidden back in the trees and had little stone steps to climb up to it. It was covered in millions of fall-colored leaves and right up against the cliffs. Nate decided that it would also be a good place to go rock climbing.



Saxon helped Nate start the fire, then tried to climb up the side of the mountain and Bridger tried to follow. Saxon roasted/scorched his own marshmallows and Bridger just devoured them plain. We talked about the beautiful world that Heavenly Father created for us and the kids rolled around in the leaves.

This picture doesn't do justice to how dirty they really were:


As much as I hate driving in the snow, I have to admit, I do love the seasons and the fun changes that each season brings. Saxon is counting down until he can "go snowin'" this winter, and I'm not quite sure what that means, but he is very excited for it.

5 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

how fun! what cute pictures!! I love love love all the colors and season changes in Utah (well maybe not winter...) but I really miss it there!

Jon and Mercedes said...

Hi Caitlin!
What wonderful pictures of your beautiful family!
Hope all is well.

lori and clark remington said...

All I can say is Caitlin you are so BEAUTIFUL...even more so then the beautiful colors of the season changing!

Handi Andi said...

So Pretty! I didn't know it was so colorful up there already. Awesome pictures.

Meg said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are so dang cute! Good news...I have a new project :) I'm going to paint & re-upholster some chairs! You said you love projects, so if you want to help, I'd love it! :)