Thursday, December 2, 2010

30

On Black Friday I turned 30.
I've been dreading it for a whole year, so I'm glad it's over with.
It turns out, I don't feel any different and I had a great day :)
First, while I was getting ready, the doorbell rang.  It was flowers.  I love flowers but couldn't imagine who would have sent them to me.  It was a gorgeous bouquet of hydrangeas from Nate's family.  I LOVE hydrangeas!  It was so thoughtful of them and such a wonderful surprise.  Thank you guys so much!!!!
Then, Mike came to take my kids to McDonalds so I could have girls day with Andi.  He got there a few minutes early, so I wandered around Target with just me and Dalton.
After Target, I met Andi at El Pollo Loco and we got burritos to take to the movies with us.  We got there about 10 minutes early so we got to just sit and chat for a while.  I rarely have time to just chat with Andi because we both always chasing our kids.  It was really relaxing.  I loved it.  We saw Harry Potter again because we are both Harry Potter fans.
Once I got home, Josh and Brooks came over to watch our kids so that Nate and I, could go to Buca di Beppo with Mike and Gregor & Joy.  Nate and I have only been on a couple of dates since we've had kids, so it was really great to get out with just adults (and Dalton).  Our boys didn't miss us at all since Uncle Josh and Aunt Brooks ordered pizza and played CandyLand with them.  Thanks you guys!!!
From start to finish it was a perfect day.  Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to make it perfect!

My beautiful hydrangeas.  They always remind me of Brazil.  I love it!
Mike got me this hilarious birthday card that my kids love!

My boys have been carrying it around calling it the "pirate booty shakin' card".
Saxon even re-wrapped the card and wrote his name on it so he could give it to me again.
Mike also took the boys to pick out flowers for me.
As soon as they got to the counter to pay, both boys decided that they had to poop.  So, Mike had to get them in the car and drive them across the street to the bowling alley to use the bathroom.  Once they get in there, Bridger decides that he doesn't have to poop after all.  I laughed so hard about that.  They do things like that to me ALL the time!
Saxon was so excited to give me presents.  He helped Nate wrap all of them and decided what was from who.  He even wrote everyone's name on the presents so I would know who gave me each one.  It was so cute!
Here's me with Bub's giving me flowers :)
And me and my Saxy...

Our dinner party and the MASSIVE cake!  We had to divide it into thirds and sent one box home with Mike, one with Gregor & Joy, and one for us.  Luckily we all love their cake.

2 comments:

Handi Andi said...

Its going to be a great year! I think we should schedule you and me time more often, and not have a plan, just be able to catch up and chat. We NEVER run out of things to talk about and I often think after, oh, man, I was going to ask her about this! P.S. I sent the leftover birthday cupcakes with Kenna to preschool and they were a huge hit. You saved me from baking two times!

mom said...

.i am so glad your birthday turned out to be a good one, i wish i could have been there. i love you so much.i hope you like what i gave you and i cant believe my baby turned 30!