Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Preschool Christmas Program

Saxon had his class party for preschool last Wednesday, and his preschool Christmas program on Thursday.  Nate had to work, so Mike came with me to watch Saxy perform.  The program was SO CUTE!  Everyone was told to wear a white shirt and black pants/skirt.  The teachers put a Christmas colored scarf on each kid and they each had jingle bells to use during some of the songs.

They sang some classic Christmas songs and some new ones I had never heard of.  Saxon kept waving and smiling and giving me and Mike a wink and a thumbs-up.  I wish I had videotaped the whole thing.  Saxon was such a little performer (except during the Santa hula, he sat down and refused to do the "girl song.").  
I love being a stay at home mom so I can be there to see everything my kids do.  My mom used to come to everything for me.  I had a funny moment of deja-vu when I was smiling and waving at Saxon and he was beaming back at me that I thought of my mom and how I could always find her in the stands waving at me or cheering at basketball games.

After the program, all the kids got a number to go see Santa.  Everyone watched a movie on the projector while we waited for our turn.  Santa took his time with each kid to talk to them.  Then each kid got a book and a candy cane.  It was so fun!  
Mike was a champ for giving up his lunch break to come help me too.  Thanks Mike!








No comments: