Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year!
Since Nate had to work last night, Gregor and Joy came over for a little while to celebrate with us.  We ordered pizza, watched movies, and Gregor was nice enough to do poppers on the balcony with the kids since it was only 8 degrees outside!  Gregor and Joy had to leave after that because they had some other parties that they needed to be at also :)

After they left, the kids and I stayed up until 10 to watch the ball drop LIVE in NYC.  We had Martinellis or "Marti-melli's" as Saxon says, gave kisses, and yelled "Happy New Year!"  Saxon saw all of the couples kissing on TV and said "Mom, I think I should kiss you like that!"  I laughed :)  After that we all got in bed and read Harry Potter until the boys fell asleep.
We finally gave Gregor his Christmas present, which was this monster shirt that matches Bridger's monster shirt.  They looked awesome together!
Today, Nate had to work again, so the kids and I got up and watched the Rose Parade and made muffins.  Then we played operation and memory.  It turns out that Saxon is AMAZING at memory.  He beat me every time.  

Once Nate got home, we made dinner, had more Martinelli's, and are now getting ready for bed.  How cute is Baby Shark here?!  I just want to kiss and nibble on him every time I get him out of the bath.  His shark towel looks a little like Stitch, doesn't it?  Too cute!
(Thanks Pops, Deanna, & Uncle Nathan)

 Some Favorite Moments from 2010:
-Finding out that I was pregnant with Dalton in January.  I took a pregnancy test which I was pretty sure was negative and I was a little bummed.  My friend Holly came over and told me she thought it was positive.  I took one of her hospital tests (which again looked negative).  Holly swore she could see a line and said that if she was reading that test in the hospital, she would say "positive."  A few days later I took another test and it was definitely positive.  I was so excited!
-My Grandma Beth came to stay with us for a few days in March.  We had a ton of fun, and then when we dropped her off in SLC for her painting seminar, my kids sobbed.  They LOVED having her here.  Saxon didn't want her to leave his sight, including to go to the bathroom.  Every time she would go to the bathroom, he would peek under the door to make sure she was still here.
-When we dropped Grandma off at her painting seminar, we picked my mom up from the airport the same day.  My mom has been coming for a week in March for the last few years.  I LOVE it!  I feel like I hardly see her, and now that I have kids, I really wish she lived closer.  Of course, we all cried when she left.
- Right after she left though, Brittany moved back in April.  We were so excited for that!
-We drove to CA for Lake Webb and my mom's b-day in May.  We got to see Josh & Brooks on the way there and the way back too.  It was so fun to spend the weekend in the sun and on the boat.  Gregor also proposed to Joy in May and we couldn't be happier about that!
-In June we did our first round of swimming lessons and signed both boys up.  I looked forward to it everyday.  The kids were so cute and it was so fun to have something to do every morning.  Saxon learned to swim for real by the end and Bridger just had fun.  My dad also came into town for Nathan's BYU basketball camp in June.  We got to spend more time with him that week than I have in years.  It was so much fun.  He took the boys to the Bean Museum, the BYU dinosaur museum, and bought us gourmet cupcakes and lunch at the CougarEat.  It was awesome!
-We spent the 4th of July at Shaver Lake which is one of my favorite spots in the world.  The doctor's were worried about Dalton before we left because he was measuring in the 9% and babies shouldn't drop below the 10%.  My mom was so helpful with the kids that week that I was able to rest and lay in the sun all week.  The next time we saw the perinatologist, Dalton had grown to the 11% and so he was back in the safe zone :)
-In August, we got to have Gregor live with us.  It was really crowded, but we really missed him when he left.  Gregor and Joy also got their endowments and then got married in the Bountiful Temple.  We had Saxon's b-day party the next day while all the family was still in town.  My Grandpa and Jenna said that it was like a 72 hour party!
-Dalton's birth on September 9th. I feel like I've always known him and been close to him.  Thinking back on our family before him feels kind of lonely.  I'm so glad he's here!  I'd spent the entire year counting down the days until I could finally meet him.  Since he's been born, time has gone so fast!  He's already almost 4 months old!  

Since Dalton's been born, I feel like I've been so busy every day!  It's kind of all been a blur.  We've had so much going on, but we've loved every minute of it.  This has been one of the busiest years of my life with lots of ups and downs.  I'm looking forward to 2011 and everything that it will bring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh baby dalton is sooo cute and i want to nibble him, plus you are so lucky to have uncle gregor around to play with the boys, love the shirts!