Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

Once Nate finally got home from work on Christmas Eve...things settled down.  We got the kids dressed and finished up dinner.  We had ham, cheese dip, corn souffle, fresh green beans, salad, rolls, and Christmas lemonade.  My Grandma Beth gave me a lot of recipe ideas, and I used the Christmas lemonade recipe from this months issue of "The Friend".

I thought it would be fun to make because I served my mission in Southern Brazil.  Christmas in Brazil is in the summer.  All of the girls get pretty new sundresses and you eat outside and drink lemonade :)


Do you love my glasses?
My sister-in-law, Brooks, made them for me.
We LOVE them!
The kids got to open their Christmas jammies for Gm. & Gp. Gailey.
They all looked so cute matching.
Six little blondies running around :)

Our family picture:
And a Gm. & Gp. picture:
(at least everyone is there, even if no one is looking)
After dinner we had a small Christmas program to remind the kids of why we celebrate Christmas.  We talked about Baby Jesus and we sang "Picture a Christmas" and "Samuel tells of Baby Jesus".  I made chalkboard Christmas ornaments for the kids with a picture of Jesus on one side and their name and chalkboard on the other.  Each year when they get out their ornaments, I'm going to have them write on the chalkboard side what their gift to Baby Jesus will be.  Then we will hang it on the tree so we can remember all season.

No comments: