Saturday, December 3, 2011

Festival of Trees

On Thursday, we went with Mike to the Festival of Trees.
It was AMAZING!
I had never been before...
Everything there is donated...even the money to pay for the Expo Center.  Our ward was collecting donations, so Nate and I donated some painted signs to sell at the gift shop.
We started off at the Gingerbread Houses:
This was my favorite...the Burrow...the Weasley's house from Harry Potter:
They even had tiny little broomsticks and Weasley's sweaters hanging outside.
The roof was made of frosted mini-wheat's.
It was adorable!


Madagascar Gingerbread House:
They had a Harry Potter tree too...(obviously we love Harry Potter)...


Saxon and Bridger:
"A Romanian Christmas"

"Up"
Saxon and Bridger in front of the "Puff the Magic Dragon" tree.
They, Bridger especially, love that song!

One of my neighbors volunteers at the Festival of Trees.
She told me that one tree sold for $12,000!
She they had sold more trees by Thursday afternoon this year, than they did by Saturday night last year.  All of the money raised goes to Primary Children's Medical Center.

At the end of the night, Mike bought 2 HUGE cinnamon rolls.
He ate one, and Dalton ate most of the other.
All of that wandering around made him a hungry little guy :)

1 comment:

Handi Andi said...

I wish I had known you were going! First, I had two free tickets I wasn't able to use, and second, I would have had you look for the tree that I helped my friend decorate to donate, just so I could tell her that you saw it. I want to go to this every year and have never made it. I'll have to tag along with you next year.