Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today

Some funny stories from my funny boys:

Last night my neighbor did my hair for me.  I didn't have her blow dry it for me because it was really late and she was helping me out by doing it at all.  When I got home, my side bangs were falling in front of my face like real bangs.  
Bridger stared at me for a minute and said,
"Mom, your hair is not very pretty."
Later he told me that I couldn't brush his teeth until I was pretty again.
So I clipped my bangs to the side and asked, "better?"
He said yes and let me brush his teeth.

Today, we took Mike to the airport.
He came over to my house in the morning and dropped off Christmas presents for the kids since he won't be here on Christmas.
 Saxon came into the bathroom, where I was attempting to cut Dalton's hair, and screams,
"Mom!  You have got to come see this!!!"
After he showed me he said, "Mom, what are we going to do for Mike for Christmas?"
I reminded him that we already gave Mike his Christmas presents, on Sunday.
Saxon: "Mom, don't you know...when someone does something nice for you, you have to do something nice back.  Maybe I should paint Mike a picture?"

On the way to the airport, Bridger fell asleep in his carseat.  When he woke up, Mike was gone.  He started sobbing.  When I asked him what was wrong he cried, "I can't even see Mike anymore!  He's gone..."  It was sad.

Once we got home, Bridger had to go to the bathroom, so he locked himself in there.  I knocked on the door and asked him how he was doing.
He said, "I actually missed.  With my pee."
Nice.
This morning I told the boys that I had to clip their nails and Bridger said, "yeah...because I have snaggle-toes!"

Dalton started doing the sign for "more" on occasion, when he is really desperate.  But never when we ask him too.  Looks like I've got another opinionated little guy.
While I was trying to trim Dalton's hair this morning, I was letting him empty out my makeup bag to keep him entertained.  I was concentrating on the back of his hair, and when I looked up, I saw what he had been up to.  He had colored all over his face with purple, liquid, eyeliner.  It was a MESS and hard to clean off of him.  His hair still has streaks of purple.

No comments: