Thursday, June 7, 2012

S'mores

Every Wed. night I have YW activities to go to.
But, Nate works some Wed. nights so it makes it a little tricky.
We try to find babysitters when we can, but it doesn't always work out.

The last Wed of May we had a ward activity.
These are special because we don't get them very often...we usually just have stake activities.  We were planning on going down the canyon to roast marshmallows and tell pioneers stories (because we have trek coming up).  I was going to have to drive because I am the only one with a big car.

Well, Nate had to work.
So, I just brought my kids.
I try never to do that because it's distracting, but I thought this one would be ok.
The kids loved it!

We roasted those giant marshmallows and Saxon made friends with all of the young men.
One of the YM leaders was teaching everyone how to chop wood and Saxon asked if he could have a turn.  He let him.  Saxon loved it.  He has so much confidence.  He thinks he can do anything!
Bridger kept eating the marshmallows plain.
I think he had 6 or 7.
That's a TON!
He would put them on his roasting stick but never roast them.
Dalton was just happy to be along for the ride :)
I was a little worried, but it turned out to be really fun!

No comments: