Thursday, June 14, 2012

St. George Weekend - Sand Dunes

The next hike we did in St. George was the Sand Dunes.
When we got there, we saw one little sand dune in front of us.
It was so windy that I was tempted to let the kids play while I waited in the car.
We finally decided to all take off our shoes and just go walk to the top of the dune.
When we got to the top, we saw that the real sand dunes were past it.
We let the kids lead the way and we walked as far as the sand dunes go.

I LOVE this picture of Dalton.
He walked all on his own the whole way.
What a champ!!!
Mike taught the boys to stand on the edge of the sand cliffs and jump/slide down them.
Here's baby sliding down the sand dunes:
Family shot:
Once again, I couldn't get over the beauty of the red sand against the blue sky.
Every once in a while the wind would gust and sand blast us.
We were so covered in sand that I couldn't even wipe it off, it felt like it was engrained in my skin.  The sand was so soft though.  It was super-fine and warm, which was nice because the weather was a little cool.


Another fun adventure in St. George!

No comments: