Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shaver Lake - Jumping Rocks

We just got back on Sunday night for a trip to CA and camping at Shaver Lake.
Shaver is one of my favorite places in the world!
It seems like everything always falls into place when I'm there.
One year I left Utah with horrible allergies.  When I got to Shaver, they were gone.
The year I was pregnant with Dalton, the perinatologist was worried because he was measuring below the 10%.  After a week at Shaver, he was up to the 15%.
This year, my kids went to bed every night at 8:00, slept through the night, and woke up again at 8:00 a.m.
They behaved, they got along, they didn't have tantrums or meltdowns...it was wonderful.
They loved every minute of being with Grandpa and Jenna!
Saxon fell in love with Aunt Lori and Dalton fell in love with baby Gabby.
Bridger loved having cousins around to play with.
My kids are growing up having the same kind of experiences at Shaver Lake that I loved having as a kid.
I love it! 

One of the kids favorite things to do at Shaver is to find jumping rocks.
Each year, the lake is at a different level, so different rocks are at different heights above the water.  As soon as we get there, the kids start scoping out the best jumping rocks.

This year we camped and beached in the loop and since the lake was low, we had some great jumping rocks right by us.

Here is Dylan and Saxon jumping:

Saxon jumping on his own:

Stevenson Cove:
Left - Saxon getting ready to jump
Right - Saxon jumping

Left - Dylan holding Bridger
Right - Dylan jumping with Bridger
 (Funny side story - See the old guy with the beard?  He was helping us because he was charmed by my mom and Aunt Lori.  My mom started blasting "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" on her ipod and then her and Aunt Lori got up on the back of the boat and started singing and dancing.  Then these old fisherman grabbed some big sticks and rocking on on guitars and singing along with my mom and Aunt Lori.  After it was over, we all cheered and laughed, and then the fisherman stuck around and helped the kids get up the rocks so they could jump off.)

Kasen and Wyatt helping the boys.
They were a HUGE help the whole trip.
Saxon:

Bridger and Dylan:
Saxon:
We had such and AMAZING trip!
More pictures and stories to come...

No comments: