Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bean Museum

Nate had the day off today, and we really wanted to do something fun, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. Nate was looking things up online when we remembered the Bean Museum. My Dad used to take us there every time we came to Utah as kids, but I've never taken my kids. I went a bunch of times when I was at B.Y.U. also. We invited Mike and Jeff too. It turns out that none of them (Mike, Jeff, or Nate) had ever been to the Bean Museum. I don't know how you graduate from B.Y.U. without every going to it's museums, but they did. So, it was a fun first for everyone except me :)
We got there just in time for the reptile show and then spent two hours letting the kids run around and explore. Jeff gave us all the facts about endangered species and how to differentiate between a black rhino and a white rhino. I think the kids' favorite was the elephant display, and the hippos.




The kids had so much fun that they fell asleep on the way home.
We even called Pops to let him know that we spent the afternoon at one of his favorite places!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Huh, I haven't even heard of the Bean Museum much less been to it. And trust me, I did my time in Utah:) You have inspired me to go to my local museum with Max...it's so cheap how can I resist?