Tuesday, January 19, 2010

King of the Wild Things

This one has been wild lately.

He tears through my house like a tornado.

-This week while Nate has been working graves, it's been a challenge to keep the kids from waking him up during the day. One of the days, Bridger was tearing through my DVD's, all of the books, all of the photo albums, all of the cupboards, etc., and so Saxon tip toed into our room to wake up Nate and ask if it would be ok if we got a cage for Bridger. I didn't notice that Saxon was gone at first (because I was trying to contain Bridger) until I heard him and Nate talking. I walked in and asked why he woke up Daddy, and Nate told me that he had requested a cage for Bridger.
-Another day, Bridger was being particularly sneaky. I thought I had him entertained with a movie, so I went to the bathroom. When I came out, all of the bedroom doors were still shut, but I didn't see Bridger. I opened my bedroom door and found him sitting on top of a sleeping Nate, bouncing up and down on Nate's belly, giggling.
-One morning when Nate first got home from work, the kids were still sleeping so he and I were reading scriptures. We heard Bridger making some noise, but he wasn't crying, so we didn't go in. Then we both thought we heard a movie? We went into Bridger's room and he had some how gotten the portable DVD player in his crib with him and had turned on a movie. No wonder he was so quiet. I still have no idea how he got a hold of the DVD player.
-After a really rough day trying to keep the kids quiet and entertained, Nate finally woke up and Saxon told him, "Dad, we can't get a dog. Mom said we can NEVER get a dog because Bridger is too wild." I told him that we could reconsider once we have a backyard, and once Bridger isn't quite so wild.
-Today, we went to the Dinosaur Museum again and Bridger wouldn't let me zip up his jacket because it would cover the "wild things" on his shirt. He's proud of being king of the wild things.
-Bridger has also been biting all of his stuffed animals lately. He carries around this poor little baby bear biting all of the fur off. It's almost bald now.
-Tonight during dinner, Saxon and Bridger were taking turns making crazy faces at each other. It was so funny! They both do really good crazy faces! It kept Bridger distracted enough that he didn't throw all of his food all over the house.
-When Nate woke up today, both kids followed him into the bathroom while he was getting ready. When I walked in, Bridger was standing next to Nate mimicking all of the motions that Nate was making while shaving, and Saxon was doing the "happy feet dance" in a pair of high heels. I asked Saxon why he picked those shoes and he said, "because they're really pretty." Cute boys!

Luckily, tonight is the last night of graves for a while. If we can survive until tomorrow afternoon, then we've made it. Both boys were pretty good at the Dinosaur Museum though, so maybe we will do that again (for the 3rd time this week).

4 comments:

Brooke Butler said...

I think maybe you need a cage for both of them (: hahah oh man do I miss you guys already! Love you all !

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

That made my day hearing that Saxon asked for a cage for bubbies...LOL. Brotherly love right there. Not to mention that he tried to trade bubbies for a trip to McDonald with GPA and Jenna. ;)

I bet you are exhausted from trying to stay out of the house all day! good for you I wish I was with you - we could make our weekly mall rounds and pretzel bites!

miss you all! love ya!

lori and clark remington said...

How funny. I love your kids personalities! I love reading your blog...keep it up Cait! Miss you!

Stephanie said...

That makes me feel better about my own wild thing. It is a crazy age...and if we both survive it will be a miricle!:)