Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

This last week, we've been lucky enough to have Brookie staying with us!
We love her so much!!!
She was so great to have around. She helped with the kids, helped clean, we cooked veggie dinners together and made a TON of cupcakes. My kids are crazy about her, and so am I :) Unfortunately, while she was here, we all got strep throat. That was not fun. So, we spent one day at the pediatrician, and another day at instacare. Oh well...it didn't slow us down too much. We still had time to both get our hair done :)
Here is Saxon and Aunt Brookie in the snow:

On New Year's Eve, we got Cafe Rio for dinner and then Nate bought a bunch of fireworks for the kids. The fact that it was FREEZING didn't stop them for throwing fireworks off the balcony...


Brookie was asked out to a New Year's party, so here she is all dolled up with Saxon:
He cried so hard when she left because he wanted to go to the party with her :)

But, he cheered up when we brought out the Martinelli's and the plastic champagne glasses:

Happy New Year from Saxon!

He managed to stay up until the ball dropped, then fell asleep in our bed.
Sometime in the middle of the night, Nate went into the kids room to check on Bridger who was fussing. Brookie was asleep in Saxon's bed, and he was sleeping on top of her. It was so funny! They were crisscrossed on top of each other and it didn't seem to bother either of them :)
The coolest thing Brookie brought with her to Utah was her computer. She took hundreds of pictures with the kids. Saxon begged her all the time to take pictures. She did it enough with him that he learned how to do it himself. They turned out SO FUNNY! I'll post some as soon as she sends them to me.
We love you so much Brookie! Thanks for coming to stay with us! We can't wait until you come back...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my word....Brookie has turned out to look like a brunett Caitlin! Now she needs to grow her hair down to her booty;)

Brooke Butler said...

Cait I miss you guys way too much already!! I love all you too (: I e mailed you the pics from my computer !

Brittany and Johnse said...

wow I haven't been very good about blogging lately! there was THREE posts of yours I hadn't even seen yet! i am so jealous Brookie came out to see you. I miss you guys and wish I was there too! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and a fun child filled new years ;) LOVE YOU GUYS!

Angela said...

Looks like you guys had some great Holidays! I let both the boys stay up until 12 this year and totally regretted it the next day!!