Monday, June 7, 2010

The Canyon

Since it was the first weekend in June, and gorgeous weather, we decided to go have dinner down the Canyon. Unfortunately, everyone else in Utah seemed to have the same idea. We had to drive around and around to find an open table. We finally found one that was situated right in between the river and the road, with no play space, no shade, and an outhouse. Lovely. It was probably the worst spot we've ever had. Our favorite sites were "closed for remodeling". Hopefully they open soon! Regardless, the kids had a blast. Saxon kept telling me "Mom! This so fun!" And Bridger would copy everything Saxon did. They were so funny!

Saxon doing his "peace out girl-scout" (thanks Aunt Brookie):


Bubba-chubs in his Cubs hat and Mike dumping river water on Saxon:



Since it was so hot out and we didn't have any shade, Mike kept dousing the kids with river water. It was icy, but they must have loved it because they kept coming back for more. He taught them how to fill their hats up with water and put it back on their heads to cool off.


Me and my 2 boys:


Of course no one cooperated for our family picture. But you can see my big pregnant belly. Only 3 months left...


Nate and Bubs:
It was originally all of us, but me and Saxy weren't looking so I cropped us out. Mike actually got Bubby to smile, so I didn't want to delete it.


We made hamburgers, roasted veggies, cold fruit, and s'mores. They kids cried when we had to leave. Obviously they don't remember that we come a lot! Saxon kept begging to spend the night. He's going to love Shaver Lake this year!

3 comments:

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

BIG prego belly my BUTT you are TINY!!!!!

Heather Strong said...

Caitlin, my belly is almost as big as yours ha ha and I have 6 months to go ha ha! I am so unlucky in pregnancy. We went up the canyon on Saturday evening and it was packed, too!!

Meg said...

Seriously...you're so TINY!