Friday, June 11, 2010

Swimming Lessons Week #1

We just finished our first week of swimming lessons.
Every morning, Saxon holds Bridger's hand and walks him over to his little class:

We LOVE swimming lessons.
It is such a fun start to the day.

Saxon is a level 2 this year and learning some new strokes. He is doing so great! Hopefully with Aunt Brookie's help when we go to California, he will be swimming for real... He's really brave, so I'm excited for him to do it on his own.

Bridger is in the pre-school class and has a really short attention span, so I'm not sure if he's learned anything, but he has fun :) He did learn to put his face in and blow bubbles, so now he blows bubbles in the pool, in the bath, and in every drink he gets his hands on. He's not really old enough, but he's big, so I thought it would fool them. His poor sweet teacher has to always chase him around when he gets distracted and wanders off. If you notice in the picture below, all of the kids have their noodles off so they can practice real swimming, except for Bridger. He's not reliable enough to be in the deep end without a noodle :)

We're looking forward to next week's lessons...

2 comments:

The life of MeMe said...

LOL. Fun! My boys start next week. I can't wait to see how they do. If Saxon is water safe by the end of this summer I will be SO happy for you. That is my goal for Sid this year.

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

They did so good!! I am such a proud "auntie"!! I loved watching the boys in their swim class!!! Thanks for letting me tag along :)