Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strawberry Days Rodeo

On Friday night, Mike took us to the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days Rodeo.
According to our program, it's the biggest rodeo in Utah!
We've learned, from living in Utah, that the rodeo requires a certain attire...
After borrowing some stuff and inheriting others, we were set.
(Pops loaned us his belt buckles, BB gave us some cowboy boots, and Walgreens had hats on sale)


ABOVE: Pops said he would loan us some belt buckles for the rodeo. I never dreamed he would send this one, I was afraid to let my kids touch it. It's his "Grand Slam Club" belt buckle with his name and grand slam number (675). I let each kid take pictures with it, then we traded it for one of the others because I didn't want anything to happen to it.

BELOW: Poor Bubby hadn't been feeling good and was REALLY tired. This is him during his turn with the belt buckle. He was crying about the picture, not the belt. When I took the belt off, he was even more upset. He wanted to keep wearing it.


Saxon LOVES rodeos!
He screams and cheers and claps through the whole thing.
The Strawberry Days Rodeo has a special event called "Wild Cow Milking" that is now Saxon's favorite. It's where teams of 2 or 3 run out after milk cows and try to hold them down and milk them within a certain time. The team with the most milk wins. Usually the cows get scared and are hard to chase and hold down, so it's funny and chaotic. This time, a few of the cows got mad and started snorting and slobbering and ramming into the teams. The milk cows started acting like bulls and charging the players. Even the cowboys had a hard time rounding up these crazy cows after the event. Saxon laughed through the whole thing!

Bridger like the rodeo too, but he wasn't feeling good, so he just wanted me to snuggle him. He clapped after every event, and then laid back on me. Anytime he got nervous, he would hide under his hat and look out through the holes on top. It was so funny!

Mike and the boys...
My boys are so cute! It's so funny to see the difference in their personalities. Saxon is wild. He's not afraid of anything and everyone is his "friend." He will try anything and has been that way since he was a baby. At the rodeo he claps and cheers a shouts encouragement to the cowboys.

Bridger is more timid. He wants to check things out first and then decide. And once he decides on something, there is no changing his mind. He's my snuggler when he's tired, and he LOVES his brother. He wants to know everything and is always pointing to things and asking "that?" Once I answer, he tells me "ohhh," and then asks about something else.

I love watching their little personalities develop and I can't wait to see what #3 is like.

3 comments:

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Saxon looks SO cute in his Cowboy gear! I want to bring him down to Spanish with me one of these days and take him horse riding!! I think he will LOVE it!

Brooks said...

They need tighter pants. At least, that's how it was in Vernal. If you can't read the underwear tag...

I L-O-V-E Bridger's new 'do! I meant to comment on it in your last post, but alas, I did not get around to it.

Bottom line: Supper cute post, super cute kids. Thanks for sharing!

Gregor said...

I should have been a cowboy!!