Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sonnenberg Family Reunion

On Saturday, Gregor and I took the kids to the Sonnenberg Family Reunion at Bear Lake.
We haven't had a reunion in over 10 years, so it was fun to see everyone!
I didn't think I would be able to make it because Nate had to work, but at the last minute, Gregor decided to go, so we all went together :)

It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive and it takes us through Wyoming.
We stopped at McDonalds in Wyoming...it was awesome!
They had little saddles instead of seats for the kids, and big saddles for the adults :)
The kids loved it, and we let them play for an hour to get their energy out.
We ran into Ken and Babata and their girls there too.
I told Saxon that the girls were some of the cousins that I promised him he could play with.
His response was "What in the heck! Girls?"
We laughed so hard!
I don't know where he comes up with the things he says!

Once we got there, the kids were in heaven.
It was at my Uncle Brent and Aunt Janette's house. They have a huge house, huge yard, beach, fire pit, playground, tons of food, and best of all (according to my kids) a blow up water slide. We were there from noon til about 8, and I don't think Saxon got off the blow up slide even once. It even had warm water in it for the kids. Bridger loved the slide too, but he also wanted to play in the sand, play with the toys, swing, run around, etc. There were 2 boats there too, so Gregor got to take a break from me and kids and go wakeboarding.

Babata brought some crafts for the kids to work on, so both of my boys got to make visors, necklaces, and little foam boys.
(FYI: both of my kids insisted on wearing their visors and necklaces to church the next day).
Bridger covered his visor in dinosaurs, but was a little jealous later when he saw that someone had hippos on theirs :)

Saxon made a green visor, a green necklace, and a boy wearing green. Can you guess what his favorite color is? :)

It was such a fun day! My kids were so exhausted that they fell asleep the minute the car started moving. It was a busy day, but I'm glad we decided to drive out for it. My kids had a blast!
(Thanks to Uncle Gregor for all of his help even though he was "miserable" with the kids :) )

2 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Those are cute pictures. That was really fun to see you guys and I am glad that you decided to come!

Nicole M said...

I'm glad you decided to come too! So fun to see you guys and Gregor. We need to get together sometime soon!