Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bridger's 2nd B-day Party

Happy Birthday Bridger!!!

On Monday, August 2nd, we had Bridger's Jungle Book Birthday Party.

The cake was definitely an experiment, but I think it turned out ok.
I made a whole wheat banana cake with coconut milk buttercream frosting and decorated it with animals that I molded out of marshmallow fondant. It was a lot of work, but it was fun and Bridger liked it. Saxon and Bridger claimed which animals they would get off of the cake before the party even started. After chewing on fondant animals for a little while, they both spit them out in Brittany's hand because they don't actually like fondant that much.
Gregor helped me carve a "watermelon bug" for the fruit salad too :)




We had party bags with candy, stress ball jungle animals (from POPS) and jungle animal face masks.


Our wild animals...
Avery, Ethan, Eliot, Walker, Morgen, Hyrum, Saxon, & Bridger:


Bridger loved opening his presents this year. It was so fun to see him get excited over things. I think Saxon was just as excited as Bridger. He is counting down until his own birthday party now :)





Blowing out his candles...it took him about a dozen tries, but he figured it out :)

Trying out his new goggles from his cousins:

Saxon, Uncle Johnse, and Eliot after a few hours of swimming:

Thanks everyone who made it to Bridger's party!
It was so much fun!

5 comments:

Brooks said...

Super cute party! I'm so glad that th cake worked out! It's adorable!!! You'll have to e-mail me your recipe for marshmallow fondant...

Stephanie said...

I'm officially a dead beat mom. I was trying to decide if Max was even going to have a birthday party this year and you are 7+ mo pregnant making a cake worthy of food network. Man, I stink:)

Denise and Brandon said...

Very cute! Love the little animals you made on the cake! Great job!

Handi Andi said...

yeah, you rock. Really cool cake and super cute watermelon bug! So sorry/sad we missed it.

benilhalk said...

Wow, his birthday is looking just fabulous. Belated Happy Birthday to little guy! What a fun filled day you all had. At one of the event venues Chicago I too hosted a chic party for my son’s birthday. It was peppa pig themed bash and I designed the cake on my own. An online tutorial had helped me a lot with that.