Friday, August 20, 2010

Saxon turns 4!

Today my Saxon turns 4!
I can't believe he is getting so big!
I love him SO MUCH!

Four years ago, today, I became a mom for the first time.
I remember how long the last few weeks of being pregnant seemed.
I was so ready to meet my new baby and had had enough waiting.
I worked until almost midnight the night before Saxon was born, then I came home and cleaned and packed for the rest of the night.
There was no way I could sleep the night before I was going to become a mom.

I couldn't believe it when my baby was born with tons of dark, curly, hair.
It's amazing how you can love someone so absolutely and completely before you even meet them.
I remember coming home from the hospital and thinking that I would have a dozen kids because that was the most amazing experience of my life.
I loved being pregnant, I loved being in the hospital, and I loved holding my sweet new baby for the first time, and bringing him home and knowing that he was ours forever.

When I was a teenager, we used to go camping with my mom on the beach in California.
Brookie was the little social butterfly and used to make friends with everyone camping by us.
One year she made friends with a cute surfer family who had two kids, Destiny and Saxon.
My mom and I joked that I should remember that name, Saxon, if I ever had a baby because it was so cool and different and the little boy we met was darling. I always kept it in the back of my mind, and when I was pregnant with Saxon, I mentioned it to Nate. He loved it too, and when we held him in the hospital, we decided that he would be Saxon.

I love watching Saxon grow and learn ( although it is all happening way too fast).
He is so funny!
Not in the way that every toddler is funny and cute...it's a talent...he is really funny!
My mom told me once that I was going to create a little monster by thinking that everything he did was funny. It's not just that I thought that he was funny...he really is.
He is creative, outgoing, loving, and wants to be friends with everyone he meets.

Saxon is such a good big brother too (most of the time).
Last night Bridger was crying in his bed because he wanted to get out.
I was ignoring him because I wanted him to go to sleep.
After a while Saxon came out and said,
"Mom, Bridger needs you. He's crying for you because he wants you to protect him. You need to hold him."
He also tells me all the time how much he is going to help with Humpty Dumpty and how Humpty Dumpty can sleep in his bed and share his things.
Today Brittany called to wish him a Happy Birthday and while he was on the phone with her he said,
"Oh no BB! I forgot! I need to make you sprinkley cupcakes for your birthday!"
(Brittany's birthday was on Tuesday).
On Joy's birthday, he started crying because the waiter forgot to bring out her cake.
He can't stand the thought of anyone being hurt or left out.

Saxon is so smart too! For family home evening a few weeks ago, Saxon wanted to teach the lesson. So, he taught about scripture study, and used his sword and shield to tell the story of David and Goliath, and the story of Captain Moroni. A week or so later, Gregor was over and he got out his sword and shield and started explaining all of the scripture stories to Gregor too. He made Nate act out David and throw marshmallows at him so he could be Goliath and fall over when the marshmallow hit him in the head. Then he showed Gregor the picture of Captain Moroni and shouted, "In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children..."

So...Happy Birthday sweet guy!
I love you more that I can describe. You keep me laughing and in awe all the time. You are so smart and funny and happy. You have so much personality and I can't wait to see all of the amazing things you are going to accomplish. I love you and I am so proud of you!!! I just wish you would stop growing up so fast...I'm not ready for you to be so big.

2 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

Happy birthday my big guy!!! We love you sooooo much! I remember the day you were born! I was shocked you had olive skin and dark hair! Now look at my little blue eyed blonde handsome boy! I'm so excited to see you grow! Muah!

Brooke Butler said...

He is TOO big now! I love him so much, he is by far the funniest kiddo I know, and I know a ton of them from the swim academy! But little Saxy does have talent. So Happy Birthday Saxon! I can't wait to see you guys again <3 xoxo