Monday, August 16, 2010

Gregor & Joy's Wedding

AUGUST 13, 2010

We all went up to the Bountiful Temple for Gregor and Joy to get their endowments.
It was such a great experience. We had a lot of family there to support them and Brookie, Ryan and Kasen watched my kids for me so I could go :)







AUGUST 14, 2010

On Saturday, we all went back up to the Bountiful Temple for Gregor and Joy to get married.
Once again, Brookie, Ryan, and Kasen watched my kids out front for me :) The boys all matched in their black shirts and blue ties (although Saxon refused to change into his black pants).
Grandpa Sonnenberg performed the ceremony so of course it was so special and personal to them. He kept referring to scriptures with the word "joy" in it and quoted a beautiful poem for them. Gregor looked amazing and of course Joy was absolutely gorgeous!





Saxon refused to cooperate and smile for any of the pictures, but finally agreed to pose for a picture as long as he got to take some pictures as well. So, these are Saxon's pictures of the wedding:



















The reception was in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
It was so fun!
They had music and dancing and so many people came to support them.
It was beautiful!
I wish I had more pictures of it, but I'll post more when I get them from Brooke.
At the end of the night, my dad drove them to the hotel in his "limo".
He had rented a Lincoln Town Car for the weekend and it worked out well because the pictures of them getting in look like they had a limo.

Now they are spending a week in Hawaii before the second reception in California.

The whole day was perfect and I am so proud of them.
They are the perfect couple.

Weddings are so funny because they take so long to plan and then they are over so quickly.
It seems like we've been talking about it for so long, I can't believe it's already over.
Gregor has been living with us since July and now that he's gone we really miss him.
We can't wait until they get back :)

ps: I'm adding a new song to my playlist. It's Gregor and Joy's theme song from the wedding.
Sugarland - Stuck like Glue

2 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Those are great pictures from the wedding! Joy and Gregor are both so good-looking! They are going to have beautiful children. I love seeing people get married in the temple, too!

Danielle said...

Congratulations Gregor! What a beautiful day for your family!