Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st day of preschool

Saxon had his first day of preschool today.
I think I was more nervous than he was...he was really excited!
He wore his new shorts from Aunt BB and his new Perry the Platypus shirt.
We took him to the hat store in the mall to have his backpack embroidered with his name (in green, of course) since everything has to be labeled.


Bridger was devastated that Saxon left him.
We all left at the same time this morning, but Nate took Saxon to preschool in his car and I took Bridger to the airport with me to pick up my mom.
He cried for Daddy and Saxon the whole way to the airport.
Nate called once he dropped Saxon off to say that Saxon was so excited to go that he couldn't even get him to stop for a picture. He did request that Nate sit on the bench outside the door until Saxon was done with class. :)
My mom and I went to go pick him up after class today.
He was so excited to show us his "bad Saxon" that he made.
They all made pictures of themselves, so Saxon drew a mask on his so that it would look like a superhero villain. I wonder what his teacher thought when he told her he was making a "bad Saxon." He also came home with a bunch of homework and a calendar. Of course since I am about to have a baby, this has to be a really busy week at preschool. They are celebrating Saxon's birthday on Monday and so we have to bring the snack for the whole class, and then Wednesday is their first field trip to the fire department and a parent is required to attend, but no siblings allowed. So, luckily, my mom is in town and Aunt BB volunteered to be his parent for the day.

Cute Saxon story:
We all went to the mall today to look at a few things. When Saxon saw the hat store, he asked if he could go in and tell the guy who embroidered his backpack that he really loves it. So, I took him in and he told the guy that it was his first day of school and that he loves his backpack. It was so cute! It caught the guy off guard (I think he thought we must be there to complain) but the other customers in the store were all talking about how thoughtful Saxon is. He is such a sweet little guy!

2 comments:

Amber said...

He looks so grown-up and proud of himself. I love the Perry shirt, too!

Heather Strong said...

How cute! I can't believe that there is so much 'parent-involvement' so fast into the year (and school career). Good luck with [hopefully] having a baby so soon!