Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Delivery

My favorite part of being pregnant is checking in to the hospital to delivery the baby.
It is so exciting!
I finally get to meet my little one.

My mom flew in to town the day before and we ran a bunch of errands and got my house and kids ready for the next day. The next morning, Mike came over at 5:00 a.m. to watch my kids so that my mom could be there with me. This was the first baby that she was able to make it for, so I was really excited. Plus, she's a labor and delivery nurse, so she was really helpful! The hospital called the day before and told me that I had to check in at 5:30 a.m. So, we all woke up early and got ready to go. Brittany came over the night before to do my hair for me :) Then Andi and Brittany both met us at the hospital by 6 a.m. Here's my last picture of being pregnant with Baby #3:

After 4 hours of labor and a few ups and downs, Baby Dalton was born at 9:27 a.m.

While I was in labor, the baby's heart rate kept dipping. Finally they decided to try to place a new head monitor on him in case it had come loose. We warned the nurse that my previous 2 had had a lot of hair and they had a hard time getting the head monitor to stay on. Sure enough, so did this one. I laughed when they held him up to me. What a cutie!

He weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 inches long. He had a hard time breathing at first, so I only got to hold him for a minute before they took him to the nursery.

Brittany loaned Nate her nice camera to take into the nursery. I love getting to see pictures of the things that I missed, like the first bath and his time in the nursery. Brittany always takes a ton of pictures for me so I can look back at everything that happened.

We love our new little guy and are so excited that he's finally here!

3 comments:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Yay! Congrats! He is darling! You look beautiful too, love ur hair clip

ambyr said...

congrats girl!!! he's precious!!! and all that hair!! must be fabulous!!! hope you're doing well!! miss you guys!!

Jon and Mercedes said...

Congratulations Caitlin, how wonderful!