Friday, September 17, 2010

Warning...

Warning...

Don't read the rest of this post if you get queasy.

Two days after we brought Dalton home, we had to take him to the pediatrician for a weight check. He was a little jaundice when we left the hospital and still looked really yellow two days later. Since he had lost a little weight, the doctor sent us down to the hospital to have a blood test.

Right when we came home from the hospital, I opened the closet door to show my mom something, and a shelf that was propped up inside the closet fell out and landed on Bridger. His head was gushing blood, so my mom and I had to head straight back to the hospital.

Luckily there was no wait in the emergency room and we got right in. We saw a med student first who was really sweet with Bridger. I didn't recognize him, but his name looked familiar. I asked my mom to go look at him, and it turns out he was Gregg's nephew. He was only going to be at the Timpanogas Hospital for a few weeks, so it was a funny coincidence that we got him as our doctor. He brought Bridger apple juice and cookies and stickers and then stapled the cut on his head closed. They said it would be more traumatic for him if they numb his head (because it would burn and sting) than if they just stapled it really quickly. Bridger screamed, and I cried, but it was over quickly. Brittany met us back at our house with a toy for Bridger and that made him feel better.

It was a really long day...and here are the pictures of his poor little head:
(Luckily, he's a boy, and he's pretty proud of his staples now)


We're scheduled to get his staples out on Monday, so we'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Oh my gosh that is awful! I am sure that it was AT LEAST as traumatic for you as it was for Bridger. I was thinking today for some random reason that by the time I was Emmett's age, I had already had my chin stitched up twice and I am so grateful that we haven't had any accidents yet (and I dread when they do come). I am glad you guys got through it ok. Also, so funny that all your boys were the same size and look just alike!!

Josiane said...

Olá Caitlin, ainda bem que está se recuperando, meu irmão estava sempre machucado, uma vez me assustei bastante o queixo dele abriu e tiveram que costurar era muito sangue, imagino sua preocupação, de muitos abraços nele por mim.