Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend with Pops

We've been lucky enough to have my Dad in town for the weekend.
We've been running a lot of errands and watching a lot of basketball! :)
These are my basketball cupcakes for the kids:
Since my Dad had a family dinner on Thursday and the wedding on Friday, that left only Saturday for us to get everything on our list done.  After spending all morning at the AT&T store, we headed down to Cabelas for lunch.  We were all tired and hungry, so it was SO GOOD!  My dad let the kids try the shooting gallery and get some Swedish Fish as their treat.  Oh yeah, and Icee's.  My kids thought it was the perfect afternoon!
After Cabelas, Ryan and Gregor headed back up to SLC to go to a Jazz game, Nate took Saxon and Bridger home because they didn't want to run errands, which left my Dad with Joy and I (and Dalton) to have a "girls day."

We went ran all over town getting errands done and then finished up with frozen yogurt.  My Dad said that it would have been the perfect girls day if only we had gotten pedicures :)  Joy and I laughed so hard!  If only we had known that pedicures was an option we would have suggested it :)
On Sunday, my Dad cooked dinner.  Everyone LOVED it!  He made a roast, cream corn, garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes, and Yorkshire pudding, and creme brulee for dessert.  It was SO GOOD!  I have been dying to cook with my Dad since we always exchange recipes.

After dinner, I told Saxon that he needed to work on his homework.  He insisted that "Uncle Ryan" help him and Ryan agreed.
It turns out that Ryan is a really good tutor.
Saxon stayed focused and got a month worth of homework done in a half-hour.
Thanks Uncle Ryan!!!!

1 comment:

Heather Strong said...

I am sad that I missed your family at Daniel's wedding! We were out of town but I don't think I was going to go anyway because every time I go to something with lots of people, someone asks me when I am due. Ugh. Someday I will laugh about it. :)