Saturday, June 13, 2009

Awe

I love my kids because they remind me to still be in awe about the simple things in this world.
Nothing was more exciting to them yesterday, than "flying" to the garden and releasing thousands of ladybugs to keep our garden healthy.
Saxon was in awe watching the "Garden Ladies" crawl all over and eat all of the bad bugs. Our bag claims to hold 2000, so when I say "thousands", I'm not exaggerating.

Today, we had another huge thunderstorm.
As far as the forecast predicts..."isolated thunderstorms."
I was disappointed, but my boys were in awe, which reminded me to be in awe of things that are amazing. They stood at the window and giggled every time it vibrated from the thunder.

Saxon would yell for us to "HURRY" with every lightening strike so he could show us.
I walked into the room and found them standing like this...admiring the storm.


Of course, if I was taking pictures, Saxon needed a turn.
This is Bridger watching the storm from Saxon's point of view.


This is Saxon, from my point of view, giving me the biggest smile he can manage.

Apparently, there is nothing more exciting or awe-inspiring in life, than a summer thunderstorm.

I'll have to remember that...

4 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

Bridger is always so smiley!! I love that about him...and Saxon is such a good brother to him :)

Angela said...

I love the way kids remind you to enjoy the little things! I wish you'd send some rain down this way! I'd love a good thunderstorm! By the way I'm glad you survived your week without Nate! Is he going to Boise again next month? If so when...maybe we will be there...

lori and clark remington said...

Brave boys...I think all of my kids are still afraid of thunder and lightening! I love it though. California doesn't get enough storms for me!

Heather Strong said...

Your boys are so cute! I know I keep saying that but they just seem so funny and it makes me really want to have another boy as my next baby (in the future).