Friday, June 12, 2009

Gardens and Rain

We have had a ton of rain lately.
"Isolated Thunderstorms"
on the whole 10 day forecast.
I was sad that Nate was gone all week, and we couldn't do anything outside because of the weather.
So, Holly (who was also husband-less) came over to spend the day with us.
In a break between thunderstorms,
we took the kids out to splash in puddles while we worked in the garden.

The kids were thrilled when Holly showed them the rainbow.
Saxon and Bryn chased everyone who was out walking their dogs in the break between storms, and Bridger was climbing through the mud to get to me and Holly in the garden.
One nice thing about the rain is that it clears out the air.
It smelled so good and clean outside!
I wish I had a picture of the kids.
They both had on their rain boots and were drenched from all the stomping in puddles.
This is me and my little mud-pie who insisted on helping in the garden.


And...the three musketeers!
Miss B was the only one who would smile for the picture.
Holly bathed the kids while I made dinner.
I made a fruit salad to go with our vegetable pasta, and before I know it, Saxon and B have it on the coffee table with them so they can eat all of the grapes out of it.
We also made carrot cake cupcakes and Saxon had 3, wrapper and all. He eats the paper on cupcakes...its so weird.
Thanks for spending the day with us Holly and B!

4 comments:

Handi Andi said...

I have always thought that you look like your dad, but in the picture of you holding Bridger, I think you look JUST like your mom. Sounds like a fun day. Eat another cupcake in my honor!

Brittany and Johnse said...

your flowers look pretty!! I can't believe how big Bridger is...wow!
The boys come Thursday and I can't wait :)
and to add to Andi's comment I was just thinking that at the last lake trip...you always looked Sonnenberg but lately when I look at your mom I see you..so I guess you look more Stephenson than I thought...hmmm I guess that means I have more Stephenson in me that I thought since you and I look so much a like.....LOVE YA !!

lori and clark remington said...

The rainbow is so beautiful...I love rainbows. Your flowers are so pretty! Keep up the good work in the garden!

Heather Strong said...

Ha ha cupcake wrappers... silly kid! I saw that rainbow, too! So pretty! Hey if you want my photographer's info, go to her photo blog and her email address is on there. She only charges $90 and just gives you the CD and copyright. She was SO cute with Emmett, too. He loved her!